1st Call for Open Ideas and Challenges – now open!
Call open: 01 Feb 2023, Deadline: 31 March 2023.
The NGI Transatlantic Fellowship program is seeking to engage NGI Researchers and Innovators, including researchers with technical background, or Social Sciences and the Humanities (SSH) background, or from other multidisciplinary fields e.g. working at the intersection of social and natural sciences.
The program provides travel funding, living allowance (EUR 3.800 – for every full month of stay), and visa cost for visiting fellows from Europe, and supports both fellows and their hosts, with bootcamps, mentors, visibility, community building and more! Applicants can find general information on the fellowship programme on the European applicants – NGI Enrichers page.
The 1st Call for Open Ideas and Challenges will select up to 18 applicants. The selected applicants will spend 3-6 months in the US or Canada to collaborate with the Host organisations, enhancing knowledge-sharing and establishing long-term collaborations on NGI technologies, services, and standards.
The applicants for the Open Ideas and Challenges call have two participation options:
- Challenges: Hosting organisation from US and Canada – which have agreed to collaborate with the NGI Enrichers programme – defines specific research topics (challenges) related to the Next Generation Internet domain. The applicant can submit a proposal answering a challenge defined by the hosting organisation.
- Open ideas: Applicants submit a proposal around their ideas, products or services, selecting three preferred hosts among the list of organisations collaborating with the NGI Enrichers programme. The programme will facilitate the best match between the applicant and the host organisations based on the idea, product or service which has been proposed.
Participants are encouraged to choose this track if none of the proposed challenges matches their envisioned project or skills.
Applicants should use the Search for hosts tool to find hosts that match their profile, Focus area and Application domain, and should check whether the host accepts applications for the “Open Ideas” track, “Challenges” track or both of them. More details on the proposed challenges can be found in each host’s individual profile, which can be accessed by clicking on a host’s name.
To submit your proposal, follow the instructions below.
To apply as an NGI Fellow, you must create an F6S profile and fill in one of the following F6S online forms (depending on your chose track):
- F6S online form for Challenges
- F6S online form for Open ideas
Call opening: February 1st 2023 (Brussels time)
Call closing: March 31st 2023, 23h59 (Brussels time)
Before applying, please make sure to read all the instructions below.
Make sure to read the NGI Enrichers Programme Guide for Applicants before applying. To do so, please download the NGI Enrichers 1st Call for Open ideas and Challenges documents here:
- Guide for applicants: all the information you need to know before applying
- Pitch deck template: presentation slides explaining your project proposal and your motivation to apply to NGI Enrichers
To apply for the 1st Call for Open ideas and Challenges, you must create an F6S profile and fill in the following F6S online application form, attaching the mandatory documents listed below:
- Your resume or CV;
- Pitch deck in PPT or PDF format (project presentation slides) explaining your project proposal using the official template provided by NGI Enrichers.
NGI Enrichers offers a dedicated support channel (FAQ).
For any further question, please contact NGI Enrichers team at the following email address: email@example.com.
Failure to provide the required information in all sections will result in disqualification.