UIHILab provides resources and information on latest developments in Hydroinformatics (HI) and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and their applications on many science and engineering areas. Recent application areas in our lab includes hydrology, water resources and quality, environmental engineering, disaster preparedness, recovery and response, and healthcare..
Department: Hydroinformatics Lab
We are a public sector organization and we DO NOT plan to involve industry partners
- Looking for: Researcher (multidisciplinary),Researcher (scientific/technical/engineering)
- Track: Challenges (call opens February 2023),Open Ideas (call opens February 2023)
- Key application domains: Health
Preferred hosting duration: 6 months
3 Challenges for the call that opens in February 2023 :
- This challenge aims to utilize Electronic Health Records along with medical imaging data to build a supervised neural network to identify abnormalities with placenta and umbilical cord (e.g., Velamentous cord insertion). Required: Experience with Convolutional Neural Networks (NN), Multimodal NNs, PyTorch (or Tensorflow), and Python
- This challenge aims to develop an affordable and portable pain condition, type, and intensity assessment device based on predictive modeling and portable electroencephalogram (EEG) headsets. Required: Experience with IoT, Biomedical Signal Processing, and Edge Computing.