the College of Information Sciences and Technology at Penn State is home to a thriving community of students, scholars, staff, alumni, and friends. Through innovative research and a student-centered approach to interdisciplinary education, we are delivering on the college’s founding mission to prepare leaders for the Information Age.
Department: The College of Information Sciences and Technology
We are a public sector organization and we DO NOT plan to involve industry partners
- Looking for: Researcher (humanities and social sciences),Researcher (multidisciplinary),Researcher (scientific/technical/engineering)
- Track: Challenges (call opens February 2023),Open Ideas (call opens February 2023),Paired Teams (call open November 2022)
- Key application domains: Energy Transition,Health,Immersive Environment,Inclusiveness,Intuitive User Experience
Preferred hosting duration: No preference
4 Challenges for the call that opens in February 2023 :
Data Sciences and Artificial Intelligence
- Subtopics: Machine Learning; Adversarial Machine Learning; Security and Privacy in Machine Learning, Multiagent Systems; Algorithmic Fairness, Natural Language Processing
- Subtopics: Intelligent Interaction System; Accessible Computing, Pervasive Health Technologies; Ubiquitous Computing; Geographical information science; Visual analytics; Online democracy and deliberation, Health Informatics; Computer-supported Cooperative Work
Privacy and Security
- Subtopics: Cybersecurity; Situation Awareness, Robotic Vehicle Security; Software Security; Embedded Systems Security, Computer Security; Building Secure Software Systems; Secure Internet of Things
Social and Organizational Informatics
- Subtopics: Philosophy of Science; Philosophy of Technology, Feminist Science and Technology Studies; Critical Data Studies; Postcolonial Studies, Crisis Informatics, Humanitarian Informatics, Health Informatics.