UIHILab focuses on latest developments in Hydroinformatics (HI) and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and their applications on many science and engineering areas.
Department: Hydroinformatics Lab
We are a public sector organization and we plan to involve industry partners
- Looking for: Researcher (multidisciplinary),Researcher (scientific/technical/engineering)
- Track: Challenges (call opens February 2023),Open Ideas (call opens February 2023)
- Key application domains: Environment,Immersive Environment,Intuitive User Experience
Preferred hosting duration: 6 months
3 Challenges for the call that opens in February 2023 :
- This challenge aims to create a generalized and immersive disaster response application that will generate the 3D model (e.g. terrain, infrastructures) of a community on the fly along with in-situ information visualizations (e.g. damage estimations) and dynamic simulations (e.g. water flow). Required Skills: Experience with game engines (e.g., Unity, Unreal), AR/VR development, and 3D visualization.
- This challenge aims to explore the feasibility of and develop an image-to-image, either supervised or unsupervised, neural network to translate satellite products like imagery or infrared bands of any urban or suburban area to an image where a flood event is depicted. Required Skills: Experience with Generative Adversarial Networks, PyTorch (or Tensorflow), and Python