Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Santa Clara University is committed to leaving the world a better place. We pursue new technology, encourage creativity, engage with our communities, and share an entrepreneurial mindset. Our goal is to help shape the next generation of leaders and global thinkers. In the SCU’s Internet of Things Research Lab we develop novel solutions and technologies for wireless connectivity, sensing, edge computing, and cloud computing.
Department: Computer Science and Engineering
We are a private sector organization and we plan to involve academic partners
- Looking for: Researcher (humanities and social sciences),Researcher (multidisciplinary),Researcher (scientific/technical/engineering)
- Track: Challenges (call opens February 2023),Open Ideas (call opens February 2023),Paired Teams (call open November 2022)
- Key application domains: Digitalization,E-mobility,Energy Transition,Environment,Health,Immersive Environment,Industry 4.0
Preferred hosting duration: 6 months
5 Challenges for the call that opens in February 2023 :
- Development of novel wireless communication protocols for IoT. Preferred skills: wireless networking, Linux, WiFi, INT, machine learning.
- Development of novel communication protocols for mission-critical applications. Preferred skills: wired and wireless networking, queuing theory, Linux, packet scheduling, P4.
- Development of novel sensing methods for mission-critical applications. Preferred skills: embedded systems, network stack, communication protocols, device drivers.
- Development of novel security enhancement methods for IoT. Preferred skills: Linux, eBPF, wireless communication, network security, machine learning.
- Development of novel edge computing methods. Preferred skills: Linux, smart NCIs, programmable data plane, cloud applications.